Repeat Prescriptions online – we use 'Patient Access'
The easiest way to manage repeat prescriptions is though the online portal we use called 'Patient Access'. You can use this to request a repeat prescription and we can also choose a chemist you would like your prescription sent to to – saving you having to come down to the surgery.
Before you use Patient Access for the first time you need to register, but you only have to do this once.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.